Security platform for web
The business goal
Our client is a tech company working in a Security field. Armeron’s isolation technology disregards any manipulation attempts on the request sent to an application, rendering all known or unknown application attacks benign. The platform represents a departure from the filtering-based approach to web application protection, such as Web Application Firewalls (WAF).
The business goal of project was to create a nextgen WAF software which disregards any manipulation attempts on the request sent to the application, which renders all known or unknown application attacks irrelevant.
We developed the following features:
– adapted Blink web engine for a high-load environment
– fast and undemanding module for parsing CSS
– a plug-in module for Apache Traffic Server
On the technical side we took part in developing a secure platform to protect websites from remote hacker attacks. The platform is based on Blink/WebKit engine and replaces the potentially unsafe parts of JS and HTML code with safe analogues. The Blink engine was modified with allowances made for requirements of speed and performance.
We solved the following technical problems:
– Decrease a RAM consumption of certain parts of systems
– Increase the performance of certain parts of systems
– Safer way to work with memory
As a result, our client received a Proof-of-Concept and further rounds of investments.