Oil industry facility monitoring
The business goal
Our client is a well-versed regional manager in the oil industry with more than 30 years of experience in the Asia-Pacific region. Among other companies, he has worked with Halliburton. The business goal of this project was to create a system that could prevent dangerous cases and serves as a monitoring app for workers at an oil facility.
Therefore, we designed and created from scratch a web application that monitors facility activities in real time and warns users of any delays. Users have the ability to close, delay, reschedule and reactivate tasks. The application runs real time functions to check if there are any tasks that should be started and monitors each task to be started at any certain time.
The application provides the following features:
- several access levels to the data and features;
- stores data about companies, equipment, and operating personnel, including documents;
- runs activation function to start monitoring the date and time of the task;
- monitors the durations of the steps and their sequences;
- warns users with an audio alarm on their computer if the task time is exceeded;
- checks if all steps are finished on time and warns users that a task has been finished;
- marks a task as closed and sets a corresponding End Date and Time.
On a technical side we chose Python and Django for its flexibility and out-of-box functionality.
As a result of the project the application was installed on several New Zealand industrial sites.